The Immunization Branch’s UPDATE memorandum shares the latest medical and technical information on immunization, vaccines, and immunization programs.
Current Issue: December 2013
In this issue…
- TOP STORY: California’s PBE Law: What You Need to Know
- Statewide Immunization Campaigns (Flu Vaccine; Pneumococcal Vaccine; Text Message; PTVW; Shot by Shot )
- Vaccine News (IZ Branch Staff Reviews VERP Data; ACIP Meningococcal Vaccine Rec for High-Risk Infants; Flu Vaccine and Healthy Weight Babies, Benefits of 2nd Varicella Dose, New ACIP Rec JE Vaccine for Travelers 2 Mos and Older)
- VPD-Epi Update (CA Pertussis Update; US Measles Cases High in 1st Half of 2013, CDC Webpage on Meningococcal B)
- CAIR Update (HIE Gateway Rollout)
- Provider Education (New Temp Log and Instructional Videos go live; VFC Program Requirement Launch; HPV Materials coming soon)
- New Branch Staff
- Calendar of Upcoming Events
- New Online Resources (downloadable items, and webinar links)
November – Tdap Law Year 1, Many Thanks
August – California Gets Ready for New Tdap Law – Optional Grace Period
May – Countdown to California’s Tdap Requirement
February – Branch Highlights New School Tdap Law
December – Virtual Townhall
October – Influenza Vaccine Promotion
August – EZ IZ Goes Live
June – Measles Health Alert
April – Brochure 2 Blog Debuts
February – Special immunization schedule for Hib vaccine.
2007 and earlier
Issues before 2008 can be found at http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Pages/ImmunizationMini-Update.aspx.