The Immunization Branch’s UPDATE memorandum shares the latest medical and technical information on immunization, vaccines, and immunization programs.
Current Issue: April 2016
In this issue…
- Lead Story: CAIR 2: Bigger, Better, Faster!
- Epi News (Campus Outbreak I: MenB Meningococcal Disease Campus Outbreak II: Mumps IZ Branch; New Pertussis Initiative)
- Statewide Campaigns (Celebrate NIIW in April!; ShotByShot.org Gets a New Look; CDPH Applauds Preteen Vaccine Week Participants
- Vaccine News (Decreasing Prevalence of HPV Since US Introduction of Vaccine; The Safety of Flu Vaccines in Children: An IOM White Paper; Pregnant Women’s Attitudes About Flu Vaccination While Breastfeeding; Childhood Immunization ROI in Low- and Middle-Income Countries; No Increased Mortality Risk to Children, Young Adults 30 Days Post Vaccination; Waning Tdap Effectiveness in Adolescents)
- Provider Education (Updated VFC Temp Logs Now Online; New EZIZ Lesson: Monitoring Storage Temperature Units; Got SHOTS?)
- School Immunization News (Conditional Entrant Intervention Project; Fall 2015 Immunization Assessment Reports Online!)
- New Branch Staff
- Calendar of Upcoming Events
- New Materials/Online Resources
November – Tdap Law Year 1, Many Thanks
August – California Gets Ready for New Tdap Law – Optional Grace Period
May – Countdown to California’s Tdap Requirement
February – Branch Highlights New School Tdap Law
December – Virtual Townhall
October – Influenza Vaccine Promotion
August – EZ IZ Goes Live
June – Measles Health Alert
April – Brochure 2 Blog Debuts
February – Special immunization schedule for Hib vaccine.
2007 and earlier
Issues before 2008 can be found at http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Pages/ImmunizationMini-Update.aspx.