The Immunization Branch’s UPDATE memorandum shares the latest medical and technical information on immunization, vaccines, and immunization programs.
Current Issue: February 2017
In this issue…
Lead Story: IZ Partnerships to Prevent HPV Cancers
- Statewide Campaigns (Preteen Vaccine Week Coming Up; New Stories at ShotByShot)
- Epi News (Measles Outbreak in Los Angeles; Flu News)
- Vaccine News (ACIP Recommends HPV 2-Dose Schedule; HPV-9: Immunogenicity of 2 doses vs. 3 doses; No Association Between Maternal Tdap and Microcephaly; No Association Between Adverse Birth Outcomes and Maternal Tdap)
- CAIR News (CAIR2 Update)
- Provider Education (Prenatal Tdap Letters Support Providers; CIC Summit April 3-4; Effective Communication Improves HPV Vaccination; CDPH Kicks Off APHI; Increasing Immunization Through OB-GYN Partnerships)
- Immunization Assessment News (Fall 2016 School and Child Care Immunization Data Coming Soon!)
- New Branch Staff
- Calendar of Upcoming Events
- New Materials/Online Resources
October- CAIR2 Begins!
July – Announcing the Vaccine For Adults Program
February – CAIR 2 Bigger, Better, Faster!
January-Three Things You Can Do for Cervical Health Awareness Month
November – Tdap Law Year 1, Many Thanks
August – California Gets Ready for New Tdap Law – Optional Grace Period
May – Countdown to California’s Tdap Requirement
February – Branch Highlights New School Tdap Law
December – Virtual Townhall
October – Influenza Vaccine Promotion
August – EZ IZ Goes Live
June – Measles Health Alert
April – Brochure 2 Blog Debuts
February – Special immunization schedule for Hib vaccine.
2007 and earlier
Issues before 2008 can be found at http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Pages/ImmunizationMini-Update.aspx.