The Immunization Branch’s UPDATE memorandum shares the latest medical and technical information on immunization, vaccines, and immunization programs.
Current Issue: January 2016
In this issue…
- Lead Story: Three Things You Can Do for Cervical Health Awareness Month
- Statewide Campaigns (Flu Vaccine: It’s Not too Late to Get It; Branch Working with Local Health Depts; Preteen Vaccine Week Coming in February)
- Epi News (California Focus on Preventing Pertussis in Infants < 4 Months of Age)
- Vaccine News (Vaccine Adjuvants: Evidence of Safety; Anaphylaxis Risk After Flu Vaccination Very Rare; Influenza Vaccine Protective Against Flu-Related Pneumonia; Impact of Maternal Tdap; Flu and Tdap Vaccination of Pregnant Women Influences Cocooning; Co-Administration of Flu and Tdap to Pregnant Women: No Increase in Adverse Events)
- Provider Education (CIC Summit in April; Abstracts Due in January; IZ Branch Approved for HPV Vaccine Reminder Pilot; ‘Dear Colleague’ Letter Promotes MCV4)
- School Immunization News (Law Eliminating PBEs Begins Jan 1, 2016; Fall 2015 School and Child Care Immunization Data Coming Soon!)
- Calendar of Upcoming Events
- New Materials/Online Resources
November – Tdap Law Year 1, Many Thanks
August – California Gets Ready for New Tdap Law – Optional Grace Period
May – Countdown to California’s Tdap Requirement
February – Branch Highlights New School Tdap Law
December – Virtual Townhall
October – Influenza Vaccine Promotion
August – EZ IZ Goes Live
June – Measles Health Alert
April – Brochure 2 Blog Debuts
February – Special immunization schedule for Hib vaccine.
2007 and earlier
Issues before 2008 can be found at http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Pages/ImmunizationMini-Update.aspx.