The Immunization Branch’s UPDATE memorandum shares the latest medical and technical information on immunization, vaccines, and immunization programs.
Current Issue: October 2015
In this issue…
- Lead Story: Flu Season is Here: Learn What’s New!
- Statewide Campaigns (Pneumococcal Vaccine Outreach; New in Shot by Shot Collection: Tara’s Story; Planning for Preteen Vaccine Week has Begun!)
- Epi News (California Pertussis Update)
- Vaccine News (Influenza Vaccine Protection; Community Flu Vaccinations Help Protect Seniors; Two-Dose Varicella Vaccination
Program Dramatically Reduces Outbreaks; Siblings Found to be Primary Source of Pertussis in Infants; National Vaccine Plan Now Online; NIS-Teen 2014 Results Published)
- School Immunization News (Resources: Child Care and Schools; SB 277 FAQs Now on ShotsforSchool.org; Conditional Entrants in California Schools Assessment Reporting Deadlines Approaching)
- Provider Education (Branch Receives Adult Immunization CDC Grant; NPHIC Awards Branch Gold, Silver, and Bronze!;
CDPH Teams Up with ACOG on CDC Grant)
- Branch Staff Updates
- Calendar of Upcoming Events
- New Materials/Online Resources
November – Tdap Law Year 1, Many Thanks
August – California Gets Ready for New Tdap Law – Optional Grace Period
May – Countdown to California’s Tdap Requirement
February – Branch Highlights New School Tdap Law
December – Virtual Townhall
October – Influenza Vaccine Promotion
August – EZ IZ Goes Live
June – Measles Health Alert
April – Brochure 2 Blog Debuts
February – Special immunization schedule for Hib vaccine.
2007 and earlier
Issues before 2008 can be found at http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Pages/ImmunizationMini-Update.aspx.