The Immunization Branch’s UPDATE memorandum shares the latest medical and technical information on immunization, vaccines, and immunization programs.
Current Issue: October 2016
In this issue…
Lead Story: CAIR2 Begins!
- Statewide Campaigns (Prepare for Flu Season!; New ShotByShot Stories)
- Epi News (Southern California Meningococcal Disease Outbreak; Pertussis Infant Death; We Want You: Help Sentinel Influenza Surveillance)
- Vaccine News (2015 California NIS-Teen Data: Room for Improvement; Flu shots Reduce Hospitalizations in Adults 50+; California Flu Shot: Racial/Ethnic Disparities;
Maternal Antibody Protection from Influenza Vaccine Limited after 8 Weeks; Maternal Tdap Reduces Disease Severity in Infants;
Maternal Tdap Much Better Than Postpartum in Protecting Newborns; Review of HPV Vaccination Best Practices Shows What Works)
- Provider Education (Medi-Cal Expands Adult Immunizations; Top Vaccine Errors Summarized; Contra Costa Co. Increases Prenatal Tdap;
New Regulations for Pharmacists to Report to Immunization Registries)
- Immunization Assessment News (Fall School Assessment Reporting Deadlines)
- New Branch Staff
- Calendar of Upcoming Events
- New Materials/Online Resources
July – Announcing the Vaccine For Adults Program
February – CAIR 2 Bigger, Better, Faster!
January-Three Things You Can Do for Cervical Health Awareness Month
November – Tdap Law Year 1, Many Thanks
August – California Gets Ready for New Tdap Law – Optional Grace Period
May – Countdown to California’s Tdap Requirement
February – Branch Highlights New School Tdap Law
December – Virtual Townhall
October – Influenza Vaccine Promotion
August – EZ IZ Goes Live
June – Measles Health Alert
April – Brochure 2 Blog Debuts
February – Special immunization schedule for Hib vaccine.
2007 and earlier
Issues before 2008 can be found at http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Pages/ImmunizationMini-Update.aspx.