The Immunization Branch’s UPDATE memorandum shares the latest medical and technical information on immunization, vaccines, and immunization programs.
Current Issue: July 2016
In this issue…
Lead Story: Announcing the Vaccines For Adults Program
- Statewide Campaigns (2016 National Immunization Awareness Month!; ShotByShot Debuts New Pertussis Story; Enhanced Pertussis Surveillance
Reveals Need for Education)
- Epi News (Meningococcal Disease Outbreak in Southern California; MenB Outbreak at a California University)
- Vaccine News (ACIP Votes to Discontinue LAIV in 2016-17; Pregnant Women’s Flu Shots Protect their Babies; Using Different Rotavirus
Vaccine Okay, to Complete Series)
- Provider Education (CIC Summit Presentations Available Online; Introducing: Let’s Get Healthy California)
- CAIR News (CAIR2: On Track, New Resources)
- School Immunization News (Conditional Entrant Intervention Project Report Now Online; Getting Ready for School Entry: implementation of SB277;
Planning for Fall Reporting is Underway)
- New Branch Staff
- Calendar of Upcoming Events
- New Materials/Online Resources
February – CAIR 2 Bigger, Better, Faster!
January-Three Things You Can Do for Cervical Health Awareness Month
November – Tdap Law Year 1, Many Thanks
August – California Gets Ready for New Tdap Law – Optional Grace Period
May – Countdown to California’s Tdap Requirement
February – Branch Highlights New School Tdap Law
December – Virtual Townhall
October – Influenza Vaccine Promotion
August – EZ IZ Goes Live
June – Measles Health Alert
April – Brochure 2 Blog Debuts
February – Special immunization schedule for Hib vaccine.
2007 and earlier
Issues before 2008 can be found at http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Pages/ImmunizationMini-Update.aspx.