Find out how to become a California VFC provider.
Interactive lessons, job aids, video demonstrations, and other resources.
|Storage and Handling
Learn about VFC equipment requirements and how to safely store vaccines.
|VFC Online Ordering
Place a vaccine order. Order flu vaccine. Submit a Transfer/Return.
Download forms for enrolling, vaccine ordering and more.
|Supplemental Flu Vaccine Ordering
Supplemental Influenza Vaccine Ordering is now open.
California VFC Program
- April Vaccine Tips 2013
- IZB Letter Pediarix Vaccine Supply 2013/4/23
- VFC Pediarix Vaccine Supply 2013/4/23
- Pentacel Vaccine Order Update 2013/4/15
- Pentacel Unavailable for Ordering 2013/4/11
- VFC Update & Call Center Closure Notification 2013/4/5
- March Vaccine Tips 2013/3/25
- VFC March/April Schedule 2013/3/20
- 2013 Recommended IZ Schedule 2013/2/20
- VFC Flu Vaccine Update 2013/2/6
- IZB Letter Flu Vaccine Thimerosal Exemption 2013/2/6
- Download Storage and Handling Job Aids
- Archived Memos
There are currently no delays in the processing of VFC vaccine requests. Received requests are promptly reviewed, approved and processed by VFC's Customer Service Center.
Although vaccines may sometimes arrive within a few days of submitting your request, we ask that you place your vaccine request with sufficient doses on hand to allow up to 3 weeks for the receipt of your vaccine shipment. In the event that your shipment takes the full 3 weeks to arrive, you will not run out of inventory while you wait for your shipment.
Order Processing Updates
- Regular Vaccine Requests:
All pending vaccine requests received as of Friday April 19, 2013, have been processed and submitted to VFC's National vaccine distributor. Providers should expect to receive vaccine shipments no later than May 3, 2013. Varicella vaccine requests will be shipped directly to your practice by the vaccine manufacturer, Merck, within the same time frame.
Current Vaccine Supply Information
- GSK's DTaP-IPV-HepB combination vaccine, Pediarix: Availability of this product is limited until new doses are produced and released this fall.
- Merck’s PedvaxHib: Currently, PedvaxHib is temporarily out of stock and unavailable for ordering. It is expected that supplies for this product will be available around mid-April.
- Sanofi's DTaP-IPV-Hib combination vaccine, Pentacel: Sanofi Pasteur is experiencing manufacturing delays for Pentacel. As a result, Pentacel is currently unavailable for ordering until further notice. Alternative products are available for ordering: individual DtaP, Hib and IPV are available from the same manufacturer, as well as from other vaccine manufacturers. In addition GSK's Pediarix (DTaP, Hib, and Hep B combination vaccine) is also available for ordering.
- Influenza Vaccine Supply: The following products are available for ordering through VFC's Supplemental Order site:
VFC Age Group
Fluzone® PF Pediatric Formulation,
Fluzone® 10 dose vials (5mL)
Fluarix® PF Formulation
Healthy 2-18 years
- VFC's on-line vaccine ordering system, MYVFCVaccines, is a fast way to submit your order to VFC! It provides an instant order confirmation via e-mail upon order submission. Once an order is processed and submitted to VFC's national vaccine distributor, McKesson Specialty, it sends another e-mail alerting clinic staff of the pending shipment.
- EZIZ Message: National Infant Immunization Week & Toddler Immunization Month April 2013
- EZIZ Message: 2013 Childhood IZ Champions Award March 2013
- EZIZ Message: Immunize with Tdap during every pregnancy March 2013
- EZIZ Message: New FAQ on CA Minor Consent Law March 2013
- EZIZ Message: EZIZ Update: PCV13 VIS Update March 2013
- CDPH Message: Text4Baby Message February 2013
- CDPH Message: Updated Inventory and Usage Logs February 2013
- CDPH "Immunization Update" Flu Widespread February 2013
- CDPH Message: FERPA and IZ Records 2007 February 2013
- CDPH Message: IZ Letter Flu Vaccine Thimerosal Exemption February 2013
- CDPH Message: Not Too Late to Vaccinate Flyer February 2013
- CDPH Message: Vial mix-up alert December 2012
- More VFC Vaccine Fact Sheets Available December 2012
- Meningococcal Meningitis Health Advisory December 2012
- EZIZ Message: It's not too late to promote flu vaccine November 2012
- EZIZ Message: AB 2109 Notification October 2012
- Pediatric Multi-Vaccine VIS Update
- Sanofi Pasteur: Fluzone® (Influenza Virus Vaccine) Error in Single-Dose Vials Prescribing Information
- AAP Immunization Initiatives Newsletter November 2011
- Health Advisory: Fatal Pneumococcal Disease August 2011
- CDPH "Immunization Update": California Gets Ready for New Tdap Law—Optional Grace Period August 2011
- Early Bird Registration Now Open for 2011 Epidemiology & Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases Conference in Nevada
- Reminder from Merck to check ANTIVENIN™ (Latrodectus mactans) products for particulate matter and discoloration prior to use.
- Documentation of Tdap Administration or Medical Exemption – Optional Forms for Health Care Providers
- Shots for School: Clinicians' Role in California’s New Tdap Requirement for 7th to 12th Graders
Dr. Robert Schechter of the California Department of Public Health presents an update on the threat of Pertussis (whooping cough) in California and the new Student Booster Law (CA – AB 354).
- Free 1-hr webinar on new 2011 school Tdap Immunization (Intended for school personnel and school nurses)
- Whooping Cough Dangers on an episode of The Doctors
- 2010 CDPH free on-demand pertussis webinar for clinicians | Q & A | Slides
This free CDPH 1-hour presentation features Dr. Mark Sawyer presenting current epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment and immunization recommendations to help clinicians prevent pertussis for all age groups.
- CDPH Broadens Recommendations for Vaccinating Against Pertussis | en Español
- CDPH Pertussis Immunization Policy July 2010 | Pertussis
- Pertussis is Epidemic: Think, Test, Treat, and Reduce Transmission | Spanish
- Measles Cases Prompt Call for Immunizations
- Measles Alert Flyer for Emergency Rooms
- Vaccine Court Finds No Link to Autism
- CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Recommends Universal Annual Influenza Vaccination
- Vacunas Y Mi Salud
New Spanish-language immunization website for families. Visit and share the link to the new site.
- Vaccine Safety Webcast
This virtual town hall webcast is a groundbreaking effort to provide credible information on vaccine safety.