Find out how to become a California VFC provider.
Interactive lessons, job aids, video demonstrations, and other resources.
New MIN/MAX logs, job aids, and thermometer calibration info.
|VFC Online Ordering
Place a vaccine order. Order flu vaccine. Submit a Transfer/Return.
Download forms for enrolling, vaccine ordering and more.
California VFC Program
- New & Updated Vaccine Management Resources 2013/10/12
- November Vaccine Tips 2013
- VFC Required Training 2013/11/15
- Influenza Vaccine Update 2013/11/14
- Temperature Monitoring Requirements and New Resources 2013/10/28
- October Vaccine Tips VIS 2013/10/28
- Supplemental VFC Flu Vaccine Ordering is Now Available 2013/10/23
- VFC Customer Service Center Operation Hours Oct/Nov 2013/10/17
- Vaccine Tips-Medical Assistants Week-October 21-25 2013
- Additional VFC Influenza Vaccine Shipments 2013/10/10
- VFC Update 2013/10/4
- September Vaccine Tips 2013
- Vaccine Information Statement Update 2013/9/27
- Vaccine Supply Update 2013/9/26
- Limited Call Center Operation 2013/9/6
- 2013-2014 Seasonal Flu Update 2013/8/27
- Vaccine Supply Update 2013/8/26
- 2013-2014 Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Information 2013/8/23
FMQ Replacement Program
- Pediarix® and Pentacel® Supply Update 2013/8/15
- August Vaccine Tips 2013- Vaccine Inventory
- DTaP Practices Survey 2013/7/31
- Influenza Vaccine Order Reminder 2013/07/08
- On-line Ordering and Call Center Update 2013/07/03
- Response to Power Outages 2013/06/28
- June Vaccine Tips 2013
- 2013-2014 Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Ordering Instructions 2013/06/25
- VFC Provider Participation Requirements 2013/06/14
Attachment: VFC Requirements Summary
- Return Expired Flu Vaccine 2013/06/13
- VFC Call Center Operations Update 2013/6/12
- Hepatitis A Warning
- May Vaccine Tips 2013
- April Vaccine Tips 2013
- IZB Letter Pediarix Vaccine Supply 2013/04/23
- VFC Pediarix Vaccine Supply 2013/04/23
- Pentacel Vaccine Order Update 2013/04/15
- Pentacel Unavailable for Ordering 2013/4/11
- VFC Update & Call Center Closure Notification 2013/04/5
- March Vaccine Tips 2013/03/25
- VFC March/April Schedule 2013/03/20
- 2013 Recommended IZ Schedule 2013/02/20
- VFC Flu Vaccine Update 2013/02/06
- IZB Letter Flu Vaccine Thimerosal Exemption 2013/02/06
- Download Storage and Handling Job Aids
- Archived Memos
There are currently no delays in the processing of VFC vaccine requests. Received requests are promptly reviewed, approved and processed by VFC’s Customer Service Center.
Although vaccines may sometimes arrive within a few days of submitting your request, we ask that you place your vaccine request with sufficient doses on hand to allow up to 3 weeks for the receipt of your vaccine shipment. In the event that your shipment takes the full 3 weeks to arrive, you will not run out of inventory while you wait for your shipment.
Order Processing Updates
- Regular Vaccine Requests:
All pending vaccine requests received as of Friday, November 22, 2013, have been processed and submitted to VFC’s National vaccine distributor. Providers should expect to receive vaccine shipments no later than December 6, 2013. Varicella vaccine requests will be shipped directly to your practice by the vaccine manufacturer, Merck, within the same time frame.
Current Vaccine Supply Information
- Merck’s Comvax, HepB-Hib combination vaccine: Comvax is now unavailable, but Merck expects it to be available in December 2013. Alternate products are available for ordering.
- Sanofi’s Pentacel, DTaP-IPV-Hib combination vaccine: Sanofi Pasteur is experiencing manufacturing delays for Pentacel. As a result, Pentacel is currently unavailable for ordering until further notice. Alternative products are available for ordering: individual DTaP, Hib and IPV are available from the same manufacturer, as well as from other vaccine manufacturers. In addition GSK’s Pediarix (DTaP, Hib, and Hep B combination vaccine) is also available for ordering.
VFC’s on-line vaccine ordering system, MYVFCVaccines, is a fast way to submit your order to VFC! It provides an instant order confirmation via e-mail upon order submission. Once an order is processed and submitted to VFC’s national vaccine distributor, McKesson Specialty, it sends another e-mail alerting clinic staff of the pending shipment.
- EZIZ Message: Immunization Timing Schedule 2013 November 2013
- EZIZ Message:Resources for 2014 law changing process for exemptions to school immunizations October 2013
- EZIZ Message: Pneumococcal Message October 2013
- EZIZ Message: Pregnant women need protection from flu September 2013
- EZIZ Message: Health care providers recommended to get vaccinated against influenza September 2013
- EZIZ Message: Influenza vaccination of children with neurologic disorders September 2013
- EZIZ Message: Help prevent flu in school-aged children September 2013
- EZIZ Message: Top 3 reasons to get a flu vaccine August 2013
- EZIZ Message: Rotavirus VIS August 2013
- EZIZ Message: Pregnant women need Influenza and Tdap shots August 2013
- EZIZ Message: 3 Easy Ways to Promote Adult Immunizations August 2013
- EZIZ Message: Back to School Immunization August 2013
- EZIZ Message: Inactivated Influenza VISs August 2013
- Protecting against meningococcal disease July 2013
- Protect Young Infants from Pertussis July 2013
- EZIZ Message: Influenza VIS Updated 2013-14 July 2013
- EZIZ Message: Statewide Influenza Surveillance Efforts IMM 890 July 2013
- EZIZ Message: Mother’s Day Tdap Message May 2013
- EZIZ Message: National Infant Immunization Week & Toddler Immunization Month April 2013
- EZIZ Message: 2013 Childhood IZ Champions Award March 2013
- EZIZ Message: Immunize with Tdap during every pregnancy March 2013
- EZIZ Message: New FAQ on CA Minor Consent Law March 2013
- EZIZ Message: EZIZ Update: PCV13 VIS Update March 2013
- CDPH Message: Text4Baby Message February 2013
- CDPH Message: Updated Inventory and Usage Logs February 2013
- CDPH “Immunization Update” Flu Widespread February 2013
- CDPH Message: FERPA and IZ Records 2007 February 2013
- CDPH Message: IZ Letter Flu Vaccine Thimerosal Exemption February 2013
- CDPH Message: Not Too Late to Vaccinate Flyer February 2013
- CDPH Message: Vial mix-up alert December 2012
- More VFC Vaccine Fact Sheets Available December 2012
- Meningococcal Meningitis Health Advisory December 2012
- EZIZ Message: It’s not too late to promote flu vaccine November 2012
- EZIZ Message: AB 2109 Notification October 2012
- Pediatric Multi-Vaccine VIS Update
- Sanofi Pasteur: Fluzone® (Influenza Virus Vaccine) Error in Single-Dose Vials Prescribing Information
- AAP Immunization Initiatives Newsletter November 2011
- Health Advisory: Fatal Pneumococcal Disease August 2011
- CDPH “Immunization Update”: California Gets Ready for New Tdap Law—Optional Grace Period August 2011
- Early Bird Registration Now Open for 2011 Epidemiology & Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases Conference in Nevada
- Reminder from Merck to check ANTIVENIN™ (Latrodectus mactans) products for particulate matter and discoloration prior to use.
- Documentation of Tdap Administration or Medical Exemption – Optional Forms for Health Care Providers
- Shots for School: Clinicians’ Role in California’s New Tdap Requirement for 7th to 12th Graders
Dr. Robert Schechter of the California Department of Public Health presents an update on the threat of Pertussis (whooping cough) in California and the new Student Booster Law (CA – AB 354).
- Free 1-hr webinar on new 2011 school Tdap Immunization (Intended for school personnel and school nurses)
- Whooping Cough Dangers on an episode of The Doctors
- 2010 CDPH free on-demand pertussis webinar for clinicians | Q & A | Slides
This free CDPH 1-hour presentation features Dr. Mark Sawyer presenting current epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment and immunization recommendations to help clinicians prevent pertussis for all age groups.
- CDPH Broadens Recommendations for Vaccinating Against Pertussis | en Español
- CDPH Pertussis Immunization Policy July 2010 | Pertussis
- Pertussis is Epidemic: Think, Test, Treat, and Reduce Transmission | Spanish
- Measles Cases Prompt Call for Immunizations
- Measles Alert Flyer for Emergency Rooms
- Vaccine Court Finds No Link to Autism
- CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Recommends Universal Annual Influenza Vaccination
- Vacunas Y Mi Salud
New Spanish-language immunization website for families. Visit and share the link to the new site.
- Vaccine Safety Webcast
This virtual town hall webcast is a groundbreaking effort to provide credible information on vaccine safety.